In order to continue its efforts of helping people in need in the community, Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada & The St. Vincent’s Programs recently opened a new donation drop-off center in south Reno at 80 E. Patriot Blvd. (next to Kelly-Moore Paints).
This is the fourth donation center to serve our two thrift stores in Reno and Sparks. The other donation centers are located on Mae Anne Avenue, West Plumb Lane and Sparks Boulevard. This new location will allow us to serve people living in south Reno by providing them with a closer option for dropping off donations. We also take donations directly at our thrift stores on 4th Street and Glendale Avenue.
All of the profits from our thrift stores go right back into our programs to assist the less fortunate locally, and we wouldn’t be able to do that without generous donations from the community.
Just to give you an idea of how each donation makes a difference:
· 1 bag of clothes = 32 meals in the St. Vincent’s Dining Room
· 1 small piece of furniture = a kitchen starter kit for 1 local family in transition
· 3 pairs of shoes = a week’s worth of food to a family of 4 in St. Vincent’s Food Pantry
· 1 box of books = 10 hygiene kits for local people in need
· 10 children’s toys = 20 flu shots for uninsured families