Downtown Sparks will become a sparkling winter wonderland on Dec. 11-12 with the arrival of a new event called 39 North Pole Village.
The holiday-light festival will feature thousands of lights, holiday shopping booths, food, family fun and holiday cheer. The event is hosted by the Nugget Casino Resort and 39 North Downtown, a nonprofit group of business owners and others dedicated to revitalizing downtown Sparks.
The event will be held in the parking lot between the Nugget and the former Bourbon Square Casino. It will also expand to parts of Victorian Avenue for activities such as the Hot Chocolate Holiday Train and a special showing of The Polar Express in the Amphitheater.
More than 5,000 people are expected to visit 39 North Pole Village over the two-day event, organizers said.
Santa will be there to take requests and read special letters he has received to make this a holiday tradition.
In addition to holiday fun and cheer, the event will help raise funds for Doors to Recovery, a local non-profit that benefits children, adolescents and adults in the northern Nevada community recovering from addiction. Doors painted by local artists will be auctioned off to raise money the charity. Some of the artists will be available for meet-and-greets during the event.
39 North Pole Village Schedule of Events*
Friday, Dec. 11:
Event Hours: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- 5 p.m.: Display lighting and booths open
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Santa Visits
- 9 p.m.: Event Closes
Saturday, Dec. 12:
Event Hours: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.: Doors to Recovery on Display for Silent Auction
- Noon – 6 p.m.: Letters to Santa in North Pole
- Noon – 6 p.m.: Ugly Sweater Making
- Noon – 8 p.m.: Food Trucks
- 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Reno Rock Camp Performs in the Amphitheater
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Sparks UMC Carolers stroll through event venue bringing holiday cheer
Dusk: “The Polar Express” Movie Night in the Amphitheater
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Visits with Santa
- 10 p.m.: Display lights turn off
- *Subject to change. Please check website for the latest schedule information.