The following are highlights from Monday’s Sparks City Council Meeting:
Sparks City Council commended Vance DeMars & 3-D Concrete for their help throughout the 2017 flood events.
• Sparks City Council appointed Councilman Kristopher Dahir to the Community Assistance Center-Transitional Governing Board.
• Council approved a $100,000 payment for the city’s annual support of EDAWN for the fiscal year 2017-2018.
• The council adopted a city-wide records management program that includes rules for maintaining public records and establishing fees for public records requests in accordance with Nevada Revised Statute.
• A $112,000 payment was approved for reimbursement for moving expenses and operating costs related to the construction of the North Truckee Drain Realignment phase 3 project.
• Council approved a reimbursement payment not to exceed $292,117.44 to the city of Reno for the city of Sparks’ share of a contract with Nelson Electric for the Electrical Substation Rehabilitation Project at the Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility (TMWRF).
• The council approved the transfer of the C Street parking garage to the redevelopment agency of the city of Sparks.
• Council adopted amendments to Sparks Municipal Code prohibiting the use of inflatables during special events without a permit and providing principal park rules.
• A collective bargaining agreement between the city of Sparks and the International Association of Firefighters Local No. 1265 was approved or the period July 1, 2017, thru June 30, 2018.