The following are highlights from Monday’s Sparks City Council Meeting:
• Council proclaimed April 14-20 as Public Safety Telecommunications Week to acknowledge and thank our public safety dispatchers.
• Sparks City Council proclaimed the month of April as National Records and Information Management Month to acknowledge and thank the dedicated employees who handle city records.
• Councilmembers proclaimed the month of April as National Donate Life Month to encourage all Nevadans to become organ donors by checking “Yes” when applying for or renewing their driver’s license or ID card or signing up at www.donornetworkwest.org.
• The council confirmed two-year appointment of Laurance Wilson to the Airport Noise Advisory Panel, expiring on April 8, 2021.
• Council approved the appointments of Majorie Ball, Brian Chamberlin and Barbara Stirling as alternates to the Sparks Senior Citizens’ Advisory Committee.
• Sparks City Council appointed Paul Anderson and Kristopher Dahir as alternates to the Regional Planning Governing Board for two-year terms expiring on April 8, 2021.
• Council approved adding two police assistants to the Sparks Police Department.