The following are highlights from Monday’s Sparks City Council Meeting:
- Washoe County District Board of Health presented the “Extra Mile Award” to the city of Sparks.
- Richard Simmonds, Sparks Heritage Museum’s Board of trustee’s president, presented the 2019 museum report.
- Washoe County School Board Interim Superintendent Dr. Kristen McNeill presented a programming update with an emphasis on Sparks’ schools and School Board President Katy Simon Holland gave an update on the search process for a permanent superintendent.
- President and CEO Mike Kazmierski gave an EDAWN economic update.
• Council approved payment of the city’s fiscal year 2019/2020 membership dues with the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) in the amount of $100,000.