The following are highlights from the Oct. 28 Sparks City Council meeting.
- Sparks City Manager Neil Krutz announced the following board/committee/commission vacancies:
- One vacancy on the Sparks Senior Citizens Advisory Committee. Sparks residents over the age of 55 are encouraged to apply by Friday, November 1, 2019.
- One vacancy on the Airport Noise Advisory Panel; and two vacancies on the Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee. Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 6, 2019.
- Three vacancies on the Sparks Charter Committee, representing the Mayor, Ward 2 and Ward 4. Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 15, 2019.
- Two vacancies on the Sparks Planning Commission. Applications will be accepted through Monday, December 16, 2019.
- Two vacancies on the Sparks Citizens Advisory Committee.
Applications will be accepted through Monday, December 16, 2019. Applications for any of these volunteer positions can be found online at: https://cityofsparks.us/resources/ resource/become-city-volunteer/.
- The Sparks City Council approved the appointments of Cynthia Esparza and Alan Munson to serve as alternates in Wards 3 and 4 of the Sparks Citizens Advisory Committee.
- Council approved a customer services agreement with Sierra Pacific Power Company (dba NV Energy) to provide the City with $125,000 annually for three years subject to the City remaining a fully bundled customer of NV Energy for the next five years.
- Sparks City Council approved an agreement with Refuse, Inc., (dba Lockwood Regional Landfill), for the disposal of biosolids from the Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility (TMWRF.)
- Council approved a $256,940 contract with engineering consulting firm NCE to prepare and analyze a conceptual master plan for a proposed industrial area east of Sparks and the Pah Rah mountain range on land currently owned by the federal government and managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- Council held a public hearing and adopted a bill to rezone 17,043 square feet located at 1620 Pyramid Way in Sparks from C1 (Neighborhood Commercial) to C2 (General Commercial).